2nd Mortgage Loans
2nd mortgage loans are in the form of home equity or line of credit. Its enable borrower to obtain a large sum of money for various uses such paying debt, refurbishment of house, education fees and etc. While taking the loan, there are some pitfalls and things you should aware of. Please refer to the followings tips :-
1) Get at least 1 quote from banks, credit unions and dedicated mortgage lender. This will enable you to compare the offers from them, find out the differences of the offers and choose the best one for yourself.
2) Beware of the 2nd mortgage come with voluntary insurance policy. Although it's useful, but you may not need this cause your existing loan might already have a proper coverage.
3) Some of the 2nd mortgage is associated with default penalties, the interest rate will be increase due to payment late. Avoid to take the loan with this clause.
4) Study or read carefully about the agreement. Some of the lenders offer a very low payments at early stage, and it will increase tremendously at the end of the loan.
5) Know more about the "Balloon Payment". Find out any benefits or reduction for this option.
Below are some advantages of this 2nd loan :-
- Interest of the loan might be deductible
- The amount borrow can be greater than the 1st. mortgage.
- Regardless of bad or poor credit, the loan amount is lending based on equity value of the home.
These 2nd mortgage lenders can be found anywhere, the best spot to start is the credit union, bank that familiar with you. The mortgage lender who holding your primary mortgage might offer the 2nd mortgage to you also.
For more home loan information, please check out
Home Loan Guide instead of 2nd Mortgage Loans
Return to Loan-God Home Page
Return to Loan-God Home Loan
Return to top of the page