Loan Forgiveness Advice and Tips
Under some special circumstances, loan forgiveness (cancellation of all or part of the student loan debt) will be offer toward student. Student will not required to making any payment to the outstanding student loans, if they acquired the offers from this program.
In order to get the forgiveness, there are several ways and circumstances, please refer to the following :-
1) Disability - When you have become 100% completely disable. To qualify for this form of forgiveness, the doctor must sign a statement to proof that you are not expected to recover from your disability.
2) Military service - Volunteering for the military services, this can provide $10,000 of forgiveness for student loan. The program is designed for student in exchange for part time or full time military service.
3) Medicine and Law - This form is particularly for legal and medical graduate who willing to exchange for volunteering their professional services.
4) Volunteers in Service to America - provide education service, hunger relief and general assistance to those (American) in need. $4,725 will be forgiveness for exchange of 1700 hours of service.
5) Volunteers in PEACECORP - The PEACECORP is an organization of international volunteers working in undeveloped nations. This form of forgiveness need 2 years commitment on part of college graduate. Each year of service will be granted 15% forgiveness on specified loans such Perkins and Stafford.
There are much information regarding this program can be found through the websites of federal government. If you keen to get the offer, please spend much times in searching information.
For more student loan information, please check out Student Loans Guide instead of Loan Forgiveness Advice and Tips
or Various Loans Guide for other loans information.
Return to Loan-God Home Page
Return to top of the page