Mortgage Loan Refinance
Mortgage loan refinance is one of the best way to save money, you may skip 1 to 3 payments with no money take out from pocket if you do it correctly, and pay-off your mortgage loan much earlier if have a better term.
When refinancing your loan, make sure that you don’t overlook anything that you might regret, or that can cause you problems later. Here are some advice for your reference :-
1) Apply for pre-approval loan with various lenders, this is to ensure you get the lowest possible loan rate. For sure you must choose the right lender before action, make sure the companies are legitimate and reliable.
2) Beware of the prepayment penalties and the impact brought to you, some peoples even don't know their mortgage loan has this regulation. This penalties period is normally ranged from 6 months to 3 years, borrower will be fined if they make an earlier pay-off during the "lock-in" period of the loan.
3) The 2 main factors to determine whether the lender is right for you, 1st, you must compare the rate offered make sure the rate is the lowest or acceptable. 2nd, the closing cost must be fair and acceptable, you may ask them to follow the lowest closing cost from other lenders. If one of these 2 factors is high, it would probably offset the benefits of refinance.
4) Don't forget to check is there any prepayment penalties at this new offer, many peoples will missed out this part after their old loan has been replaced by refinancing loan.
5) Find out the outstanding balance of the loan, if the balance remained is just little or nearly pay-off it is not worth to refinance. Sum up the total costs incurred for refinance and compare with existing loan, you will make a wise choice. One of the useful tool to help you is online loan calculator, it can be easily found online.
For more information about the home loan, please check out the
Home Loan Guide instead of Mortgage Loan Refinance
Return to Loan-God Home Page
Return to top of the page